DIY version of Bastl Instruments ABC module.
Assembly difficulty: easy/medium
6 channel mixer
ABC is simple 6 channel signal mixer. It has 6 inputs A,B,C,D,E and F and two outputs A+B+C which is mixed in to the D+E+F output if nothing is inserted in the A+B+C jack. ABC is designed to mix audio signals but can be modified to mix CV signals instead. There are 6 solder jumpers from the back side which can be connected to turn the abc mix into CV mixer.
There are 3 jumpers on the back side which would normalize inputs A to D, B to E and C to F which can be useful if you would like to use the abc mix as a 3 channel stereo mixer (using both outputs and having separate volume control for left and right channel).
- 6 channel mixer
- 6 inputs A,B,C,D,E,F
- 2 outputs A+B+C and D+E+F (A+B+C is mixed into D+E+F if no jack is inserted in A+B+C)
- 3 jumpers to select normalisation of inputs A to D, B to E, C to F (useful for stereo mixing)
- inputs are AC coupled
- there are solder jumpers for changing the inputs to DC coupling (than it can be used for mixing CV signals)
- front panel from oak wood
- 35mm deep (skiff friendly)
- current: +12 <10mA, -12 <10mA
- frontpanel made from oak wood
- PTC fuse and diode protected 10 pin power connector
For the successful completion of this kit you will need the following tools:
- Soldering iron (15-20W will do)
- protective eyewear
- flush cutters
- n2. hex screwdriver or allen key
- phillips screwdriver.
- one afternoon of free time
DIY Kit is containing:
- All necessary components
- Amount of tin that should be “just enough and a bit more”
- Oak wood lasercutted panel (no polish, feel free to paint it!)
- screws to mount you module in your rack
- Printed product manual
- Supercool bastl sticker
- Tons of soldering fun!
The complete step-by-step assembly guide can be found HERE.
And dont be afraid of messing it up! If you will end up with malfuctional unit you can always let your module to come to daddy for repair;)