DIY version of Bastl Instruments PROPUST module.
triple passive filter
Propust is compact triple passive filter with with fixed cutoff frequencies for highpass and lowpass stages. It is simple RC filter with 2 stages for HP and one stage for LP. There is a drop in signal loudness. No power connection is required. Simple fixed filters can help you to clean up your final mix and make room for each sound or they can be used for filtering noises and other signals when generating for instance drum sounds. When signal goes thru both HP and LP stage it creates BP.
- triple highpass 2-pole filters (cutoffs are cca 7kHz, 3.5kHz and 220Hz)
- triple lowpass 1-pole filters (cutoffs are cca (1.5kHz, 4.1kHz and 880Hz)
- passive design > signal drop +no power connection
- 15mm deep
- aluminium frontpanel
- passive design – no power needed
Assembly difficulty: medium
For the successful completion of this kit you will need the following tools:
- Soldering iron (15-20W will do)
- protective eyewear
- flush cutters
- n2. hex screwdriver or allen key
- phillips screwdriver.
- one afternoon of free time
DIY Kit is containing:
- All necessary components
- Amount of tin that should be “just enough and a bit more”
- screws to mount you module in your rack
- Printed product manual
- Supercool bastl sticker
- Tons of soldering fun!
The complete step-by-step assembly guide can be found HERE.
And dont be afraid of messing it up! If you will end up with malfuctional unit you can always let your module to come to daddy for repair;)