The Yowler is a versatile small form noise/drone synth, don’t let it’s size fool you, it’s packed with features that most small synths in its class don’t have:
- External Trigger Input + Diode VCA: trigger the Yowler from external gear, use it as a drum synth, the built in trigger button and latch mode + trigger in acts as a simple vca!
- 4 Pulse Oscillators and 2 XOR mixers: lots of grinding, driving sounds, oscillators 3 and 4 can be turned off and on.
- Built in speaker + mono/stereo output: switchable output means you can use it with mono gear like guitar pedals or a modular synth, or stereo gear like mixers, headphones etc…
- Pitch knobs + light dependent pitch control: get crazy sounds from the oscillators by shining light on them.
- Glitch Pad and Glitch Pins: oscillators can be circuitbent, cross modulated and mutated with external components.
- CV Inputs: independent frequency control of all oscillators.
- 9v Power: can be powered either by battery or 9v dc wall wart.
This is a Full DIY Kit that includes all the parts you need to build a synth like the one shown in the video above – this kit is supplied with red knobs.
Assembly Guide – Yowler Build Document