Elmyra is a digital/analog hybrid drone synthesizer and platform for sonic exploration. The 10-bit audio resolution of its oscillators gives it a wonderfully gritty sound, and the analog distortion circuit adds some nasty bite to it. Its delay can sculpt the sound into lush dronescapes or brain-melting feedback explosions. Elmyra can be played using the metal touch pads or put in drone mode, and there’s also a sequencer! Available in matte black/gold or glossy white/silver, the synth runs on USB power. This is the latest version 1.4 with added external input.
- Performative drone box
- Three touch plates to control the amplitude of the oscillators
- Three tunable oscillators that feature chromatic mode for chord tunings
- Triangle and square waveshapes
- Crunchy digital delay with intense feedback
- Non-resonant low pass filter
- Analog scratch distortion
- Selectable envelope speeds
- Random modulation for oscillator cycles
- External Audio input
- Audio output on 1/4″ jack
If you want to mess with the code (you don’t have to as the microcontroller that comes with the kit is preprogrammed), find it here.