THIS IS A FULL DIY KIT – ALL SMD COMPONENTS COME PRE-SOLDERED
The TRIPLE WAVESHAPER (TWS) is a non-linear modifier which can transform a sawtooth wave into a sine wave. This classic module incorporates three independent waveshapers for modifying synthesizer waveforms or for processing signals from preamplified instruments. Although originally designed as a waveshaper for early Serge oscillators, this module has been found to be a excellent modifier of electronic and acoustic sounds, and is highly recommended for subtle timbral modifications beyond the range of simple oscillator/filter patches.
The R*S version extends the classic TWS concept:
- +1: An additional (4th) waveshaper has been added (right after the first / bottom waveshaper) that can be dialed in smoothly using the +1 knob. Turned down (CCW) the bottom section acts as in the original (as if that additional waveshaper would not exist). Turned up (CW) the bottom section is actually 2 waveshapers in series.
- Switches to link the 3 sections – bottom to top. Using these switches all sections can be set to act in series, starting at the bottom and ending at the top, providing the combined effect of 3 to 4 waveshapers (or anything in between) using the +1 knob.
- Linking only the middle and top section and turning the +1 knob up (to have 2 sections in the bottom) allows you to use the module for isntance as two independent 2-stage waveshapers (using bottom in and out for one and middle in and top out for the other) – e.g. for stereo processing.
The Random*Source version is a licensed and authorized adaption of the original Serge design.
- Under licence from and in cooperation with Serge Tcherepnin
- 4th waveshaper can be gradually added
- perfect companion for a dsg mk2
- pcb in SMT, manufactured in Germany
- No wiring needed
- Eurorack format (3U), 18 hp
- Power consumption: 20mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V
- Module depth: < 30mm
- Color printed front panel, 2mm, cnc made in germany
- 1 Serge TWS euro pcb (SMT, all SMT components mounted)
- All parts required for the build down to rack screws and power cable
- We have omitted the optional Electrolytic caps and gain trimmers, as Random Source explain these are not required under regular circumstances on the final page of the Build Document