This is Panel and PCB set to build a Horstronic 6hp Arcade Button module. There is no build doc provided, but it has a BOM, good photos and a build thread on Muffwiggler.
It is a 6HP module that features 2 inputs and 6 outputs:
- 2 gate outputs (OnGate is high when the button is pressed, OffGate is high when it is released)
- 2 trigger outputs, putting out a 10ms trigger signal when pressing (OnTrigger) and releasing (OffTrigger) the button
- A FlipFlop output that changes its state when the button is pressed; can be used as a /2 divider for clocks or audio (>20kHz) as well
- A signal input and output to turn on and off any signal you want to put through it (buffered)
- A Gate input, so you can skip the button and use the module as a simplified comparator (OnGate, OffGate), trigger generator (OnTrigger, OffTrigger), clock divider (FlipFlop) or whatever comes to your mind
It’s great for triggering drums because the response of the button is pretty good and fast. Maybe it might even make sense to use multiple modules for that purpose. But there are also a lot of other purposes that come to mind. Like using it with the joystick and a S/H to select values of the joystick on a button press. I think it could a great addition to a lot of systems whithout being too hp-intensive.
As you can see the module features a double sided panel (as seen on my joystick module) so you can decide whether you want the button on the top or the bottom. As the panel PCB can’t just be turned like the panel because of the arrangement of the components there will be two panel PCBs shipped with every PCB set, one for having the button on the top and one for mounting it at the bottom.