The Klavis NoDrain adapter is intended for Eurorack cases lacking a dedicated 5 volts supply. It draws its power from the negative 12 volts rail – reclaim your unused watts! Did you know that typical 5V adapters draw 240% of the actual wattage they deliver, with 140% being wasted as heat? Moreover they take it from your precious 12V rail.
Beating even other switching-supply adapters, the NoDrain converter takes its power from where there is plenty unused: the 12V negative rail. You can safely assume that the current taken on the 5V is always divided by two to know the current taken on the -12V rail. The NoDrain adapter does its conversion with high efficiency – With 1 amp available, you can distribute the 5V from the NoDrain to several busboards. Thanks to ultra high-speed switching technique there is no noise to be heard – just plug a NoDrain in one of the connectors at the back of your rack and you’re done.
Klavis NoDrain – User Manual
- Offers up to one amp of precise 5Volts
- Takes its power from where you won’t use it: the negative rail
- Gives you back the +12V power previously used to make 5V
- High efficiency conversion: Every milliamp delivered on the 5V rail only draws around half as much milliamps on the -12V rail
- Soft-start prevents current inrush at power-on
- Tolerates wide voltage variations of the -12V source
- Dimensions: 20x28mm – 0.78×1.10″
- Adjustable output voltage – delivered calibrated
- Protected against:
- Current overload
- Input overvoltage
- Reverse insertion