The Thonk LVCOs Euro bundle contains:
- Front panel in 2mm aluminum, screen printed, made in Germany, 42 hp
- Panel pcb (8″ x 4.1″, made in EU, ROHS/lead free, gold finish (ENIG)
- Living VCOs main PCB (including 6 BCM847DS matched transistors and 23 SMT bypass caps reflow soldered in)
There are no other surface mount parts required, they are already soldered in. There is no wiring!
The R*S edition of the Living VCOs comprises a number of additions and modifications compared to the original Haible board:
- TRIANGLE wave output for each VCO – thanks to Ray Wilson fromMusic From Outer Space.
- SINE wave output for each VCO – thanks to synth legend Thomas Henry.
- Amplifier section for each VCO.
- SYNC IN for each VCO.
- Support for THAT300 supermatched transistor arrays (top side) or BCM847DS matched transistors (bottom side) instead of LM3046.*
- Haible VCA/Distortion/Overdrive module on the driver board.
- Optional audio mixer on the driver board.
- pcb size: 8″ x 4.1″(!)
Due to the added features, part count and density are very high on this board – this is not a project suitable for beginners. Any information given here is preliminary and subject to change – please compare against Jürgen’s original documentation and do not simply rely on the files here.
Do not install both BCM847DS and THAT300s! This set already comes with the BCM847DS SMT parts already soldered in.
ORDER INFO / DISCLAIMER
A limited number of pcbs is now available for experienced builders. Please not that this is a DIY project with a huge, fairly complex board with a number of options.
– only for the 2015 Haible Living VCOs by R*S –
(not for the original Haible board)