We are now selling Panel/PCB sets for the first eight cadet releases in the LZX Video Synthesis system for DIYers. Cadet IX, the Voltage Controlled Oscillator, is coming later this year.
These are not complete kits, you must source the parts yourself.
The suggested configuration for an LZX Cadet video modular is the “Cadet System 21” – a 21-module (84HP) selection of basic video synthesis building blocks. Recommended in this set are
- 1 x Cadet I Sync Generator
- 1 x Cadet II RGB Encoder
- 1 x Cadet III Video Input
- 1 x Cadet IV Dual Ramp Generator
- 1 x Cadet V Scaler
- 4 x Cadet VI Fader
- 4 x Cadet VII Processor
- 4 x Cadet VIII Hard Key Generator
- 4 x Cadet IX Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- 2 x Cadet X Multipliers
Functions: Color Processing, External Video Input, External Video Output, Key Generation, Signal Generation, Video Sync Generation, Waveform Generation, Waveform Processing.
Don’t forget to pick up these parts from Thonk!
PJ302M – 3.5mm Jack Sockets – HERE
1900h knobs – Red (6.35mm Round Shaft) – HERE
Alpha 9mm Right Angle pots – HERE
BOM, Schematics etc – http://www.lzxindustries.net/documentation/
Deeper product Info – https://www.lzxindustries.net/products/
Video Sync Distribution Cable is required to distribute video synchronization signals from 14-Pin Sync Outputs to 14-Pin Sync Inputs on a few LZX modules. Up to 5 modules can be connected using this cable, and multiple cables can be chained together when more connectors are needed.
- Modules with 14-Pin Sync Outputs include Visual Cortex, Video Sync Generator and Cadet I Sync Generator.
- Modules with 14-Pin Sync Inputs include Color TBC, Color Video Encoder, Cadet II Video Encoder, Video Flip Flops, Video Divisions, Video Ramps, Cadet IV Ramp Generator, Cadet III Video Input, and Triple Video Interface.