The “MSG” (Mini Søund Generatør) is a standalone desktop noise synth whose brain is a small, swappable computer chip (Attiny85). Once your MSG is built you have the opportunity to interchange chips to alter the behaviour of the instrument. This machine feels at home while in the company of other grubby “noise kid” devices – especially cheap delay pedals. The MSG is for lovers of lofi, drone, noise, paranormal activity, and glitch!
Source code can be downloaded from github and tweaked to your liking free of charge, however, we are also offering a chip expansion pack for those who aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into code.
The MSG PCB ships with the Muskrat chip as default.
The 5 expansion pack chips are: Granular, Wavetable, Phase Distortion, Amplitude Modulation and Frequency Modulation.
- Large component spacing for DIY beginners
- Opportunity to swap Attiny85 Chips for alternate functionality
- 1/4” Audio out
- 100K output impedance (to match your guitar amp & pedals )
- Open Source
- 9VDC centre negative regulated power supply or (x 1) 9V battery (not included)
- Current Draw: 15MA +9V
- 100K Output Impedance
- PCBDimensions: 51mm X 102mm