IMÁGENES is a stereo state-variable filter with built-in stereo imaging, panning, distortion, modulation capabilities and plenty of character. Features highpass, bandpass and lowpass modes that are switchable independently per filter, with L & R OUTs straight from the filters themselves for individual/dual mono operation.
The STEREO IMAGE circuit pans the filter’s audio from hard L / R at the knob’s CW position, mono at 12 o’clock, inverted R \ L at its CCW position and everywhere in between, allowing everything from subtle stereo effects and crossfading, to aggressive AM and weird stereo stuff. This circuit comprises of 4 internal VCA’s and is completely independent from the filters.
IMÁGENES has a LINK switch to slave the right side filter cutoff frequency to the left side, which allows for both filters to be controlled simultaneously, either manually or via CV and V/OCT control. Both filter frequencies and image are fully CV controllable up to audio rates, with dedicated attenuverters for all these inputs. IMÁGENES can also self-oscillate cleanly across the audio spectrum and has dedicated V/OCT inputs with good tracking over 5 octaves. This means you can use the module as a dual/stereo sine VCO and it also pings very nicely!
Soft-clipping is applied to the input when going past 12 o’clock on the INPUT LEVEL knob, giving a fatter sound for the filters to chew on. When the DRIVE switch is engaged the audio input amplitude triples after the soft-clipping stage and right before the filters; this can be used to bring weak signals up to modular level or to overdrive and distort the filters.
- OTA based 2-pole (12dB/oct) state variable architecture
- HP, BP and LP modes switchable per filter
- Stereo and/or dual mono operation
- Stereo imaging from L / R to mono to R \ L and everywhere in between
- Filter LINK switch
- Input soft-clipping and DRIVE mode
- Clean sine wave self-oscillation, dedicated V/Oct inputs, tracking over 5 octaves with temperature compensation
- Width: 16 HP
- Depth: 38 mm
- 2 mm anodized aluminium panel
- All CV inputs allow audio-rate modulation
- FREQ knob range: 6 Hz to 33 kHz
- Input impedance: 100 kΩ
- Output impedance: 1 kΩ
- +12V: 100mA
- -12V: 100mA
- Reverse-polarity power protection