The Witch is a new desktop synthesizer based on the Rebel Technology Owl platform. The Witch can be used Standalone, with a MIDI Controller, Analog Sequencer, or MIDI Polyphonic Expression / MPE Controller. Witch comes loaded with four different synth engines:
- SubTract Virtual Analogue synthesizer with 48dB resonant filter
- VoSim Voice Simulator formant synthesizer
- WaveBank Morphing wavetable synthesizer
- QuadSampler Sampler with peak filter
Each synthesizer engine is provided in two variants:
- Expression Mode Continuous pitch control and MPE support
- Performance Mode Discrete pitch control, standalone chords and classic MIDI support
Other features include two assignable tap tempo LFOs with continuously variable shapes and a powerful effects section.
As well as eight factory patches, the Witch is fully compatible with the OWL Library of more than 300 patches. Users can create their own patches using any of the supported DSP languages: Pure data, Max gen~, SOUL, Faust, Maximilian and C++.
The Witch also has its own Synth Editor web application here: witch.rebeltech.org
Witch – Build Document
- Stereo Audio IN and OUT
- 5 pot controls
- 4 CV Inputs
- 2 CV Outputs
- 4 Gate Inputs with LED buttons
- 2 Gate Outputs
- MIDI USB host and Device.
- USB powered as well as via 9v DC input
- USB and 3.5mm stereo splitter cables included