The RE-303 CPU is a reverse engineered TB-303 CPU developed for the RE-303 DIY project from DinSync.info. It’s true to the original 303 functionality but adds a lot of modern features that vastly improve the workflow!
Great care was taken to replicate the timing quirks of the original CPU with measurements taken on original vintage Roland machines. Din Sync and CV/Gate are retained as per the original TB-303. However since the development in sequencer technology has vastly moved on since 1982, the RE-303 CPU brings a palette of modern features to the classic workflow.
Some of the additional functions include:
- Full MIDI IO
- Live recording over the internal keyboard and MIDI up to 8 bars
- Realtime tweaking of accent, slide and transpose
- Random pattern generator
- Different playback directions
- All functions available while the sequencer is running
- Data storage on a modern FRAM memory
- And many more!