The MS-22 is a dual voltage controlled filter, inspired by the classic Korg MS-20 filter, with an innovative modulation matrix and one of the highest function-to-hp ratios in the land of Eurorack! The module contains two dedicated filter circuits, one low-pass and the other a high-pass. These are configured in series, the low-pass going into the high-pass. This configuration allows for a unique duophonic fighting resonance behaviour. The cutoff frequencies of both filters can be CV’ed. Compared to most bread-and-butter MS-20 clones, the MS-22 is twice the amount of filter condensed down into half the package (4HP).
Furthermore, the MS-22 also possesses the following features:
- CV control over input gain – this allows you to either CV the level of filter overdrive or use it as A VCA for signal going into the filter
- CV control over resonance, the MS-22’s resonance can also be pushed way further compared to Korg’s MS-20
- VCF link switch, which links the cutoff frequencies of the low-pass and high-pass filters in two different ratios. This creates two flavours of band-pass filters, of which the bandwidth can be tweaked and CV’ed. The switch itself also serves as an awesome performance effect as you can use it to create an instant drop.
- The MS-22 has a unique modulation matrix that allows to configure many internal patches without using cables. The modulation matrix is designed to encourage happy accidents!
Steve’s MS-22 – Build Document & BOM (this panel/pcb & switch set requires SMD soldering)
- Designed to work with unipolar +5V or bipolar +-5V modulation sources. Will also take unipolar and bipolar 8 and 10V modulation signals, but this results in a smaller usable range on the ACV and FCV attenuators
- Low frequency and audio rate modulation of all parameters
- Bipolar monitoring LEDs (green: positive, red: negative) for all CV destinations (LP cut-off, HP cut-off / spread, resonance, gain)
- Width: 4HP
- Depth: 45mm
- 2mm thick matte black front panel with white and metallic print