The final module in ADDAC’s T-Networks series, this is a straight forward 4 voice module with frequency and decay controls for each of the voices. As the name already unveils – a noise source has been added, as well as 2 different circuits that explore the timbres of a t-network when used to filter noise. Voices 1 to 3 have a pre-vca T-Network filter; while in voice 4 the T-Networks filter is applied post-vca.
At each voice input there’s a switch which sets which type of input to use, this signal will be used to control an internal VCA, hence why the type of setting defined here is important:
1. Trigger – Any incoming CV will be converted into a 1ms trigger as soon as it crosses it’s fixed threshold.
2. Mute – This disconnects then incoming signal – effectively muting the voice.
3. Envelopes – This can be used with CV sources as well as Gate sources and simply follows the input signal.
After the VCA the incoming signal is then processed by a slew circuit which adds a decay factor allowing the user to set the “Tail” of each voice.
Trigger mode is mostly dedicated for percussive sounds while the Envelope mode is open to any external envelope control and able to control noise swooshes, swirls, crackles and pops simply out of T-Networks filtered noise.
Audio inputs are also welcomed to be used in either Trigger or Envelope input mode, with very interesting results possible!
The first 3 voices feature a Timbre selector switch: Hat/Snare**
In Snare mode all frequencies coming from the T-Networks filter pass through to the output .
In Hat mode a High Pass circuit is added which removes the mid/bottom frequencies and creates a higher spectrum output which is closer to a Hat timbre.
All of these 3 voices are also differently tuned from each other to offer different spectral options.
Voice 4 is closer to a typical T-Networks circuit – except this voice has the the noise gated by the vca and then sent through the T-Networks filter.
**Hat and Snare are terms used very loosely here, they are timbrical references and do not in any shape or form try to effectively replicate the complex timbres of a real world Hat or Snare.
- 4 Voices each with:
- Frequency control
- Decay control
- Timbre type, Hat/Snare (Voice 1 to 3)
- Frequency Range Switch, Low/Mod/High (Voice 4) Input
- Audio Output
- Overall Summing Mix output with Volume control and 2 different output types (Normal/Dirt)
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 40mm
- Power consumption: 40mA +12V, 40mA -12V