Operat is a highly functional, analog oscillator with a multitude of blendable modulation features, making it a module that is just as good as a collaborator as it is a solo module. Starting at its core, Operat offers four basic waveshapes that are blendable via an internal mixer, offering a sine, triangle, saw, and square wave.These waves not only have their individual output, but they additionally have their own individual mixer with CV inputs for introducing complexity at an early stage—use it as a VCA or for amplitude modulation! Additionally, the square wave’s pulse width can be modulated via the PWM control and CV input, with three different flavors to choose from for adding variety to your standard PWM. These and other forms of modulation can be heard in Operat’s fullest extent via the Mix output.
The real magic starts when introducing external modulation to any of Operat’s many CV inputs, offering a wide range of timbres – great for basses, leads, and anything you can think of. The Sync input can act as hard or soft sync to force Operat to any other oscillator’s base frequency, a desirable effect to modulate with the additional exponential FM input. Modulate the internal mixer’s final output with either amplitude or ring modulation for metallic timbres, and a blendable dry/wet control allows you to determine how much of the effect is heard.
More brilliance comes into play with the selectable frequency or phase modulation, producing a wide range of tones that can be introduced with the symmetry parameter, offering subtle sonic shifts to in-your-face aggression. Introducing the Thru-Zero parameter will start to invert the waveform, depending on the positioning of symmetry, and this applies to both FM or PM for maximum harmonic manipulation. Operat can act as a VCO or LFO, making it just as great of a tonal source as much as a modulation source!
- Analog thru-zero oscillator
- Four individual waves (sine, triangle, saw, and square) with internal mixer, individual levels and CV control for each
- Mix output for blended mix of all four oscillators
- PWM control and input with three selectable configurations
- Amplitude or ring modulation from the internal mixer, including a dry/wet control to blend with original signal
- Sync input with selectable hard or soft setting
- Frequency or phase modulation with bipolar symmetry control
- Thru-zero control to introduce inversion of the FM or PM effect
- Exponential FM input and 1V/Oct tracking input
- Width: 12HP
- Power consumption: [email protected]+12V, [email protected]