The Timbre is 6HP Eurorack module based on the wavefolder section of the Buchla 259 oscillator as implemented in the Music Easel. The wavefolder adds extra harmonics to input signals that have low harmonic content to creating rich and interesting timbres. Typical input sources to use would be Sine and Triangle waves but you are welcome to try other sources as well! The Dannysound Timbre adds an extra input to the Buchla design to allow 2 oscillators to drive the wavefolder simultaneously – this dramatically increases the range of possible tones that can be generated and allows the folder to go wild!
Build Document – Assembly Guide
- Osc1 / Osc2 Mix – Adjusts mix between oscillator 1 and 2 inputs, also acts as an attenuator if only one of the inputs is used.
- Timbre Control – Adjusts the overall wavefold amount.
- Timbre CV – Bipolar (attenuverter) controls the Timbre CV input.
- Symmetry – Adds an offset to the input so the top half of the wave starts folding earlier.
- Blend – Mixes between the clean and effected sound.
Ins / Outs
- Osc 1 Input
- Osc 2 Input
- Timbre CV Input
- Symmetry CV Input
- Blend CV Input
- Audio Output