ASHIKO is a quad stereo/ping-pong VCA designed to create multi-directional stereo sounds starting with mono sources.
Instantly create a stereo image with a mono source and a single CV input. CV switch a sequence and send it alternatively to two different oscillators or direct the movements in a quadrophonic system. Control up to 4 sources with independent CVs and send them to 8 different outputs.
Ashiko pairs well with:
LFOs – perfect as CV inputs.
Oscillators – to enhance them in the stereo field.
Delays – instant ping-pong effect.
Samples – manipulate their presence in the mix with addition modulations
- 4 Stereo full range VCAs.
- Transistor based CV inputs designed to give the best results with LFOs.
- Individual toggle switches to activate mono or stereo mode.
- Selectable hard/soft switching curve.
- Inputs and CV are normalised and they flow top to bottom when no jack is inserted.
- Works with audio and CV sources.
- “Whatever” power connector a.k.a. don’t mind the polarity.
- Width 6HP
- Depth 25mm
- 85mA +12V
- 70mA -12V
All SMD comes pre-soldered. Only hardware needs soldering, making this a great beginner kit.