The TZ0 is a DIY-friendly analog Voltage Controlled Oscillator module in Eurorack format. TZ0 is a triangle-core VCO which specialises in thru-zero linear FM. This type of FM allows for deeper, cleaner, more natural sounding frequency modulation, allowing for additional sonic expression not available via standard FM. The TZ0 has been engineered for extremely good 1 V/oct response over a large tuning range and great thermal stability.
This Panel & PCB set comes with SMD parts pre-soldered and with knobs included: (2x Yellow, 2x Black, 1x Grey Ridged Pointer knobs, 1x Grey MXR knob)
- Thru-Zero Linear Frequency Modulation.
- 5 wave shapes: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square, & Pulse.
- Extremely good tuning linearity (<+/-5cents over 10 octaves).
- Built-in high frequency compensation.
- Hard Sync input (reset type).
- Built in VCA for modulating Linear FM signal with an envelope.
- Robust old-school design with mostly through hole components, large copper traces, and easily obtainable replacement parts.
- VCO Output (All outputs ~1kOhm Impedance): Sine, Triangle*, Sawtooth, Square*, Pulse (* = Directly from VCO core)
- Inputs (All inputs >=100kOhm Impedance): 1 Volts/Octave, Linear Frequency Modulation, FM Modulation Envelope, Sync, PWM
- All wave outputs: 10 Volts peak-to-peak nominal VCO range: 0Hz – 28kHz
- Power consumption (+12V / -12V): Typical: 75mA / 60mA, Max: 85mA / 70mA
- Tuning error: < +/- 5 cents over 10 octave typical