ASCOLTA is a dual high fidelity input preamp with envelope follower and peak detector output for each channel. The module consists of two individual high quality preamps connected to an envelope follower and a peak detector output.
On the back of the module you can select the behaviour of the internal normalisation when no cable is plugged into I2, the options are:
S: the first input I1 will accept stereo 3.5mm standard cables from any source and split L and R to output O1 and O2 respectively. This way you can directly amplify minijack stereo signals (eg: from a phone) without the need of external splitters and regulate the gain of each channel individually.
G: the second amplifier will double the amplification of the first, to give a total total gain range of 80dB – 10.000x.
Each channel has a dedicated Envelope (E) and Peak (P) output. These two outputs are strictly related to the gain level of their corresponding amplifier and will follow the dynamic of any input signal plugged into their corresponding channel..
- Two high quality 40dB amplifiers.
- Customizable internal normalization with selectable stereo or double gain mode.
- Envelope follower output and peak detector output for each of the two amplifiers.
- Audio graded potentiometers.
- “Whatever” power connector a.k.a. don’t mind the polarity.
- Width: 4HP
- Depth: 25mm
- Power Consumption: 50mA +12V, 30mA -12V