AS3046 – SOIC-14
Designed to be compatible with the CA3046. The AS3046 consists of five general purpose silicon NPN transistors on a common monolithic substrate. Two of the transistors are internally connected to form a differentially-connected pair. The transistors are well suited to a wide variety of applications in low power system. They may be used as discrete transistors in conventional circuits however, in addition, they provide the very significant inherent integrated circuit advantages of close electrical and thermal matching. The AS3046 is supplied in a 14-lead plastic SOIC-14(150Mil) package.
- matched pair of NPN transistors
- VBE matched less than ±1 mV
- 5 general purpose monolithic transistors
- wide operating current range
- custom designed differential amplifiers
- temperature compensated amplifiers
Datasheet – AS3046
AS3280 – SOIC-16
Designed to be compatible with the CA3280. The AS3280 is a variable operational amplifier designed to substantially reduce the initial input offset voltage and the offset voltage variation with respect to changes in programming current. This design results in reduced “AGC thump,” an objectionable characteristic of many AGC systems. Careful design of critical places of the circuit reduces the amplifier dependence upon thermal and processing variables. The AS3280 has all the generic characteristics of an operational voltage amplifier except that the forward transfer characteristics is best described by transconductance rather than voltage gain, and the output is current, not voltage. The magnitude of the output current is equal to the product of transconductance and the input voltage. This type of operational transconductance amplifier has since gained wide acceptance as a gateable, gain controlled building block for instrumentation and audio applications, such as linearization of transducer outputs, standardization of widely changing signals for data processing, multiplexing, instrumentation amplifiers operating from the nanopower range to high current and high speed comparators.
- Low Initial Input Offset Voltage: 500µV (Max) (AS3280A)
- Low Offset Voltage Change vs IABC: <500 µV (Typ)
- Low Offset Voltage Drift: 5µV/°C (Max) (AS3280A)
- Excellent Matching of the Two Amplifiers for All Characteristics
- Internal Current-Driven Linearizing Diodes Reduce the External Input Current to an Offset Component
- Flexible Supply Voltage Range ±2V to ±15V
- Voltage Controlled Amplifiers Oscillators
- Sample and Hold
- Instrumentation Amplifiers
- Function Generators
- Triangle Wave-to-Sine Wave Converters
- Audio Preamplifier
AS13704 – SSOP24
Quad OTA chip (SSOP24 SMD) – LM13700 functional replacement (without output buffers)
The AS13704 consists of four current-controlled transconductance amplifiers OTA, each with differential inputs and a push-pull output. All amplifiers share common supplies, but operate independently. Linearising diodes are provided at the inputs to reduce distortion and allow higher input levels. The result is a 10-dB signal-to-noise improvement referenced to 0.5 percent THD.
- gm adjustable over 6 decades
- excellent gm linearity
- excellent matching between amplifiers
- linearising diodes for reduced output distortion
- high output SNR
- LM13700 functional replacement (without output buffers)
- current-controlled amplifiers
- stereo audio amplifiers
- current-controlled impedances
- current-controlled filters
- current-controlled oscillators
- S&H circuits
Datasheet – AS13704
AS3310 – DIP-16 & SOIC-16
The AS3310 is a self-contained, precision ADSR type of envelope generator, pin to pin compatible with CEM3310.
The chip is fully redesigned in order to improve stability and eliminate some native faults and it comes in DIP-16,SOIC-16 for more compact designs.Attack, decay and release times are exponentially voltage controllable over a wide range, and the sustain level is linearly voltage controllable from 0 to 100% of the peak voltage Vp. All four control Inputs are Isolated from the rest of the circuitry, so that the control pins of tracking units may be simply tied together.
- Large Time Control Range: 50,000:1 min
- Full ADSR Response
- True RC Envelope Shape
- Exceptionally Low Control Voltage Feedthrough: 90μVmax
- Accurate Exponential Time Control Scales
- Isolated Control Inputs
- Good Repeatability and Tracking Between Units Without External Trim
- Independent Gate and Trigger
- Wide power supply range:
- negative rail: -15V ÷ -9V (via external resistor)
- positive rail: +11V ÷ +15V
- CEM 3310 replacement
Datasheet – AS3310
AS3320 – DIP-18 & QFN-24
The AS3320 is a high performance voltage controlled four-pole filter with on-chip voltage controllable resonance IC.
The four independent sections may be interconnected to provide a wide variety of filter responses, such as low pass, high pass, band pass and all pass. A single input exponentially controls the frequency over greater than a ten octave range with little control voltage feed-through. Another input controls the resonance in a modified linear manner from zero to low distortion oscillation. For those demanding applications, provision has been made to allow trimming for improved control voltage rejection. Each filter section features a variable gain cell which is fully temperature compensated, exhibits a better signal-to-noise ratio and generates its low distortion predominantly in the second harmonic. The device includes a minus two volt regulator to ensure low power dissipation and consequent low warm-up drift.
- voltage controllable frequency – 12 octave range
- voltage controllable resonance – from zero to
- accurate exponential frequency scale
- accurate linear resonance scale
- low control voltage feed-through -45dB typical
- filter configurable into LPF, HPF, all pass, etc.
- low noise: -86dB typical
- low distortion in passband – 0.1% typical
- low warm up drift
- configurable into low distortion voltage controlled
- sine wave oscillator
- improved CEM3320 pin-to-pin compatible
Datasheet – AS3320
AS3330 – DIP-18
The AS 3330 is a dual, high performance, voltage controlled amplifier intended for electronic musical instrument and professional audio applications. Each amplifier includes complete circuitry for simultaneous linear and exponential control of gain. In addition, the operating point of the amplifiers may be set anywhere from Class В to Class A, allowing the user to optimise those parameters critical to the particular application.
- Two Independent Voltage Controlled Amplifiers in a Single Package
- Simultaneous Linear and Exponential Control Inputs
- Wide Control Range: 120dB min.
- Very Accurate Control Scales for Excellent Gain Tracking
- Exceptionally Low Control Voltage Feedthrough – better than -80dB
- Low Distortion: Less than 0.1%
- Exceptionally Low Noise: Better than -100dB
- Class B to Class A Operation
- Summing Signal and Linear Control Inputs
- Current Outputs for Ease of Use in Voltage Controlled 2-Pole Filters
- Can Be Used in VCO and VCF Control Paths Without Causing Shift
- ±15 Volt Supplies
- Improved CEM 3330 replacement
Datasheet – AS3330
AS3340 – DIP-14 & SOIC-14
The AS3340 is completely self contained, precision voltage controlled oscillator, featuring both exponential and linear control scales and up to four buffered output waveforms: triangle, sawtooth, square, and pulse with voltage controllable pulse width.
Full temperature compensation makes these VCOs extremely stable, and eliminates the need for a temperature compensation resistor. The AS3340 is pin to pin compatible with CEM3340, but the chip is fully redesigned in order to improve stability and eliminate some native faults and it comes in DIP-14 and SOIC-14 cases.
- Large Sweep Range: 50,000:1 min
- Fully Temperature Compensated
- Four Output Waveforms Available; No waveform trimming required
- Summing Node Inputs for Frequency Control
- High Exponential Scale Accuracy
- Low Temperature Drift
- Voltage Controlled Pulse Width
- Hard and Soft Sync Inputs
- Linear FM
- Buffered, Short Circuit Protected Outputs
- ±15 Volt Supplies
- CEM 3340 / CEM3345 replacement
Datasheet – AS3340
AS3340-HYB – DIP-14
AS3340-HYB is a voltage controlled oscillator proposed for circuits where requirements on the influence of PWM signal on frequency are strict. AS3340-HYB is based on AS3345F in QFN-24 with addition of a PWM comparator based on similar schematics as the internal comparator of the AS3340 chip. This solution greatly minimises frequency modulation by the PWM control circuit but allows the PWM output to be
compatible with AS3340 based circuits. Current consumption from negative and positive source is increased by 1 mA so this must be taken into account. All other electrical parameters are according to the datasheet of the AS3340.
Datasheet – AS3340-HYB
AS3360 – DIP-14 & SOIC-14
The AS3360 is a dual general purpose voltage controlled transconductor intended for such applications as voltage controlled amplifiers, filters, and waveform generators.
Each transconductor independently provides both linear and exponential control scaling over greater than a 100 dB range. The AS3360 is pin to pin compatable with CEM3360, but the chip is fully redesigned in order to improve stability and eliminate some native faults and it comes in DIP-14 and SOIC-14 cases.
- Two Independent VCAs in a Single 14 Pin package
- Simple to Use – Few External Components Required
- Exceptionally Low Control Feedthrough Without
- Trimming: 10mV Maximum Out of 10 V.P.P. Output
- Low Noise: -110 dB Typical
- No Trimming Required
- Summing Node Signal Inputs
- Current Outputs Capable of Swinging to Within 1.5V
- of Each Supply
- Linear and Exponential Control
- Control Voltages Referenced to Ground
- Wide Supply Range: ±3 to ±12V or +15, – 3 to -9V
- CEM3360 replacement
Datasheet – AS3360